Tips for document pictures
As part of the Document validation process, you must submit a picture of the document in order to perform the validation. The picture must be as readable as possible in order to maximize the success rate of the validation process. Here are some tips to taking better document pictures:
- The document in the picture must be horizontally aligned and it must not be upside down, otherwise the validation process will fail.
- The picture must be taken in a well-lit environment and flash must not be used in order to avoid reflections or shadows to obscure the information on the document.
- The picture must not be blurry. Make sure to focus data in the document and avoid using zoom as it may cause the picture to be more shaky.
- Do not use any filter as they distort the picture and can cause the validation process to fail.
- Make sure the document holograms (if any) do not overlap or obscure texts or the person’s picture. If so, slightly adjust the camera angle until both the picture and all text is clearly visible.
Here are some examples of invalid document pictures that cannot be validated: